Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dessert aisles


Hon BRUCE DONALDSON: [...] I know the supermarkets used milk as a loss leader marketing arrangement, because the milk is always down the bottom end of the store. They are not interested in how much milk they really sell; it is more a case of getting people to walk down those aisles. Suckers like me see something new on the shelf and decide to try it, so I am sent to purchase half a dozen items and I come back with 12.

Hon Barbara Scott: Spending the housekeeping?

Hon BRUCE DONALDSON: That is what my wife keeps saying to me. She says that I spend her money quickly.

Hon Kim Chance: It is a bloke thing. They should never send us shopping.

Hon BRUCE DONALDSON: That is quite true.


Subject: Marketings of Eggs Amendment Bill 2004 [Legislative Council - Second Reading]

Date: 19 August 2004

Hansard reference: pp. 5231b - 5249a [online (pdf)]

No comments: