Sunday, February 18, 2007

Here's one I prepared earlier


MR M.J. COWPER (Murray) [10.24 pm]: [...] Some people like to get up early in the morning. They like to exercise in the morning and get going and be on their way. Various members have spoken about their experiences and what they like to do first thing in the morning. I am a morning person. When I was younger, I was a late-night person. As one gets older, the general trend is that one prefers to get up early and go to bed early. I do not know about other members, but I have difficulty staying awake after about 9.30 in the evening, given that I am up at about quarter to five most mornings. The fact is that when the sun comes up, I get up and when the sun goes down, I go home, have my dinner and go to bed.

Mr A.D. McRae: You’re like a chook!

Mr M.J. COWPER: I am exactly like a chook. I am a bit like that member. The only difference between the member and Fat Cat is that Fat Cat has friends.

Mr A.D. McRae: You’ve had that one lined up for a while, haven’t you?

Mr M.J. COWPER: The minister left me no option; I had to lob that one back over the fence.


Subject: Daylight Saving Bill (no. 2) 2006 [Legislative Assembly - Standing Orders -- Suspension]

Date: 31 October 2006

Hansard reference: pp. 7886b - 7952a [online (pdf)]

No comments: