Sunday, December 24, 2006

Now we're going somewhere


HON KIM CHANCE (Agricultural - Leader of the House) [6.36 pm]: I move -

That the house do adjourn to a time and place of the President’s -

THE PRESIDENT: This is very tempting, Leader of the House; we might be going somewhere exotic.

Hon KIM CHANCE: No. Without notice, I move -

That the house at its rising adjourn until a date and time to be fixed by the President.

Hon Norman Moore: I like the bit about the place!

Hon KIM CHANCE: Acapulco? We will start with As.

The PRESIDENT: I do not want to interrupt the Leader of the House, but I hope he is successful in getting the appropriate appropriations so that we can give that consideration!

Hon KIM CHANCE: I have already made a small start on that, Mr President, to be fair!

The PRESIDENT: Please commence your promise!

Hon KIM CHANCE: Thank you, Mr President.


Subject: Adjournment of the House [Legislative Council - Special]

Date: 7 December 2006

Hansard reference: pp. 9343c - 9350a [online (pdf)]

No comments: