Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Commercial break


MS K. HODSON-THOMAS (Carine) [10.47 pm]: [...] In my electorate I have some seven independent shopping centres. Carine Glades Shopping Centre is a hive of activity. It is one of the best shopping centres in Perth. If members are looking to go shopping and need to find something special, they can find it at Carine Glades Shopping Centre. I notice that the Hansard staff are smiling. I have seen many of them shopping in my electorate and at the Carine Glades Shopping Centre. It is a great place to shop. It is highly competitive and has fresh produce. If I were to compare the vegetable produce available there with what I could get at, say, Coles or Woolworths, I would have to say that in this case it is second to none. In fact, the centre was recently presented with an award in recognition of its great produce. It is a great business entity.

Mr D.A. Templeman: What is the stone fruit like?

Ms K. HODSON-THOMAS: The stone fruit is absolutely beautiful.

Mr D.A. Templeman: Firm peaches?

Ms K. HODSON-THOMAS: It has firm peaches. The member for Mandurah must travel.

Mr D.A. Templeman: Once the train is running I will be able to go up and sample the firm peaches at Carine Glades Shopping Centre.

Ms K. HODSON-THOMAS: It would not be a speech of mine if we did not talk about the railway! All members should go to the Carine Glades Shopping Centre. I am sure that people at the centre do not expect me to talk about it in such -

Mr D.A. Templeman: This is not a personal, paid advertisement, is it?


Subject: Retail Shops and Fair Trading Legislation Amendment Bill 2003 [Legislative Assembly - Second Reading]

Date: 26 November 2003

Hansard reference: pp. 13739b - 13764a [online (pdf)]

No comments: