Thursday, January 11, 2007

Housekeeping

Greetings!

I'm just interrupting the flow for a few notices. First, hello to all new and returning visitors - publicity, mainly it appears from one source, is gradually increasing, and although this site at the moment is just a lot of random quotes from Western Australia's State Government between 1997 and 2006, we still hope it's somewhat entertaining.

With that in mind, at some point in February this site may change - certainly I'm looking at migrating it over to Wordpress and thus the domain and the general look of the page will change from being a standard Blogger thing. Nothing against Blogger, it's worked well (despite the two 2006s in the archives), just time to move on.

Before then, we'll try to keep the quotes coming, although there are a few obstacles that may limit them - personally I have some sort of thesis due in the next month and more importantly have steadily reduced my backlog, and similarly fun things like conferences, travel and work are also likely to keep the number of new posts down.

Still, we'll be updating whenever possible, and hopefully all the changes will be in place in time for the first sittings for 2007 of the State Government.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cameron here, commenting from Melbourne (can't find my proper blogger password, oops). Before you move anything over to Wordpress etc, could you wait for me to get back in Perth to help? I have access to a fast machine with bandwidth (sitting in QV1 in the city) which we could host stuff on. It'd also be handy to have it on a machine we control for backups etc.

It'd probably also be worth registering a domain for it. It's only $12/year so I'd be happy to pay for e.g. housesandmotions.org ... would be good if we can think up a snappier domain for it, though.

Tim said...

Sounds good - domain registering was part of the plan, reliant on when someone decides on a name, but moving stuff etc. will wait until the far end of February. Besides, I'm not convinced that this should be a major concern for me in the weeks straight after my submission...