Wednesday, January 17, 2007

King of the impossible


MR McGOWAN (Rockingham) [3.35 pm]: [...] I was intrigued by the comments of the member for Geraldton, who seemed to think that, on the one hand, people who did not pay their fines should go to jail, while, on the one hand, people who were speeding and were caught by Multanovas should be allowed to get off.

Mr Bloffwitch: I had a photograph in which no detective could ever recognise me, and I paid the fine. Get that clear.

Mr McGOWAN: I find it difficult to believe that no-one could recognise the member for Geraldton in a photograph, because he is a very distinctive looking fellow. I would recognise him anywhere.

Mr Omodei: Not if the flash went off the top of his head. It would have blinded the camera!


Subject: Acts Amendment (Fines Enforcement) Bill 1999 [Legislative Assembly - Second Reading]

Date: 11 May 2000

Hansard reference: pp. 6921 [online (pdf)]

No comments: