Monday, January 01, 2007

This year's models


MR T.R. BUSWELL (Vasse - Deputy Leader of the Opposition) [4.17 pm]: [...] I know that the Treasurer is on a fairly tight time line. I know that tomorrow is his moment in the sun. He will turn up at Parliament House just before two o’clock in the afternoon in his government car. The cameras will be there. He will step out briskly and walk into the chamber. We have heard today that a photographer from The West Australian will capture the moment for posterity, so I assume that the Treasurer will need to get away early tonight for a tizzy up or some such thing.

Ms J.A. Radisich: I reckon he is looking pretty good!

Mr T.R. BUSWELL: I reckon he is looking pretty good as well. Enough indulgence. Before I go on, I should point out to the Treasurer that there has been a rumour in the corridors of Parliament -

Mr F.M. Logan: About you!

Mr T.R. BUSWELL: I am involved in it. There is a rumour that members of Parliament should come together to create an MPs calendar for sale and distribution across Western Australia to raise funds for an identified charity. It was put to me that perhaps the Treasurer and I could be the joint Mr Januarys in our Speedos or some such thing! With that thought, as I do not want to put the Treasurer off sleeping tonight, I will move on. There are a couple of serious matters -

Mr M. McGowan: Shane Warne style.

Mr T.R. BUSWELL: Yes, but will the bunny ears be up or down? I will move on.

The ACTING SPEAKER (Dr S.C. Thomas): I ask the member to move on to the substance of the debate.


Subject: Actual Government Spending and Budget Estimates [Legislative Assembly - Motion]

Date: 10 May 2006

Hansard reference: pp. 2513b - 2526a [online (pdf)]

No comments: