Saturday, January 27, 2007

Intensive care


Mr J.L. BRADSHAW: England is the last place to go to get health service advice.

The minister managed to weasel his way onto an English breakfast television program similar to our Today show. The commentator told him to nick off because the English did not want him pinching their nurses. They have the same problem - a nurse shortage. I saw the program while I was in England recently. I got a hell of a surprise when our Minister for Health popped up.

Mr R.F. Johnson: Did he have make-up on?

Mr J.L. BRADSHAW: Probably.

Mr J.N. Hyde: How many nurses did you see in the United Kingdom?

Mr J.L. BRADSHAW: None; I had my wife with me.

Several members interjected.

Mr J.L. BRADSHAW: I am too old for that sort of thing.

Several members interjected.


Subject: Address-in-Reply [Legislative Assembly - Motion]

Date: 14 August 2002

Hansard reference: pp. 102z - 130z [online (pdf)]

No comments: